It is a really strange time of the year right now!
It's getting colder, the sun sets earlier in the day, but most importantly...
Your website may no longer be optimized for the people shopping on it.
"WHAT!? Where did that come from?? What do you mean?!" you are thinking "I optimized my site all year long! I know how to talk to my customers!"
And I believe you! But there's a little BIG problem. Because it's the holidays you now have people coming to your store, not because they themselves are your ideal customer, but because they are buying a gift for your ideal customer.
This causes multiple issues!
- You can't tell if the person shopping on your site is shopping for themselves or for someone else. If they are shopping for someone else but all your follow up emails are focused on them and not the person they are shopping for, things are going to feel weird!
- If they ARE shopping for someone else they probably have no idea what to buy and they need help!
Don't worry though! There is a popular fix to both of these problems.
Add a holiday gift finder quiz to your store. It takes 10 minutes and increases conversions during the holidays.
What exactly is a holiday gift finder quiz? What are examples of holiday gift finder quizzes? What are the benefits of having a gift finder quiz on your store? How do you make a holiday gift finder quiz?
I'm going to answer all of these questions for you right now.
Let's do this.
What Is A Holiday Gift Finder Quiz?
A holiday gift finder quiz is a quiz on your website that helps customers shop for the holidays. The quiz asks a few questions, collects an email or phone number, and then presents a recommendation for what gift to buy. Customers find the quiz on the store's home page, navigation bar, popups, ads, and via email.
Common questions that would be asked in a holiday gift finder quiz:
- Who are you shopping for?
- How much are you looking to spend?
- Have they shopped here before?
- What is your email address?
The quiz will then show recommendations based on how the customer answers the quiz.
For example if a customer said they were looking for a gift under $25 and they were shopping for their mom, the quiz would show a great gift under $25 with the text "Your mom is going to love this". This same information can then be immediately sent to the customer via email in case they want to purchase later.
Great examples of holiday gift finder quizzes in the wild:
- Make Up Gift Quiz by Sculpted by Aimee
- Cooking Pans Gift Quiz by Green Pan
- Cocktail Gift Quiz by Nio Cocktails
- Make Up Gift Quiz by Milk Makeup
- Men's Grooming Gift Quiz by Every Man Jack
Ok, so now you know what a holiday gift quiz is, but what are the benefits?
Tons. Let's get into it.
Benefits of Having A Holiday Gift Finder Quiz On Your Store
The interactive and personalized nature of quizzes provides a fantastic way to increase conversions on your store this holiday season.
Here are the top benefits of having a holiday gift finder quiz:
- Increase AOV by 20% to 50%
- Increase email and SMS list subscriptions
- Turn your quiz email flow into your most profitable flow
- Another great reason to encourage customers to visit your store
- Know who is shopping on your store
Adding a quiz to your store is the best way to get to optimize the shopping experience for each customer.
How To Make A Holiday Gift Finder Quiz For Your Store
Making a holiday gift finder quiz is really easy with Octane AI. Within 10 minutes you can create your questions, select your product recommendations, and launch. Use Octane AI's out of the box design, or jump in to customize it as much as you need.
I made a video walkthrough where I do everything step by step so you can follow along (10 min from start to launch).
Follow these steps to set up your holiday gift finder quiz:
Step 1: Install Octane AI from the Shopify App store
Step 2: Create a new quiz from the Octane AI dashboard.
Step 3: Add your questions. Make sure to add a question for "How much are you looking to spend?"
Step 4: Connect each answer to "How much are you looking to spend?" to a tag or collection on Shopify for products in that price range.
Step 5: Save your quiz and embed it on a page on your site. Promote your holiday gift finder quiz on your home page and nav bar.
You are done!
Tips For Making A Great Holiday Gift Finder Quiz
If you want to go beyond the simple holiday gift finder, here are some areas you could explore:
- Personalize product recommendations even more by asking more questions about who they are shopping for.
- Send follow emails and text messages that are personalized with the data collected in the quiz "Oh! We were just thinking of you! I think your mom might also really love these".
- Design on brand icons to go along with all the answers in your quiz.
- Send an email out to your existing email list with a call to action to take the quiz and start their gift shopping.
There are so many cute, fun, and effective ways to incorporate quizzes into your marketing this holiday season.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Our support team and account managers are standing by ready to help.